Oct 15 – Nov 5 |
IF YOU MAKE YOUR HEALTH A PRIORITY ONCE THIS YEAR, COULD THIS CHALLENGE CHANGE IT FOR A LIFETIME?
Do you often hear yourself say “I don’t have time for that, can’t you see I’m already so busy”. We live our lives like this until there is an emergency. Then our priorities change and we make the time to fix it. This simple example shows us that what you spend your time on is a choice. What you choose is your priority.
If you only make your health a priority once this year, this challenge could change it for a lifetime.
This lifestyle challenge is designed with the warmer months in mind. Together we will explore how movement, mindfulness & nutrition all work together to support your goals. Whether that’s to lose weight, make more time for yourself, stress less, create work/life balance, have more energy, eat healthy or to get a deeper sense of enjoyment out of life.
With a background in exercise physiology, majoring in metabolic function. Zach has always had an interest in what ‘healthy’ means. Originally landing on his mat to repair his injury prone body, he soon discovered that exercise is only one part of the big picture. We call this Kozen Flow, the tools and lifestyle practices you can use to get a greater sense of flow, health & happiness in your life.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT TO A TYPICAL YOGA CHALLENGE?
This is an education program rather than just a Yoga challenge. We’ll explore how these three key principals integrate together to support a healthy & happy you.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- What is ‘healthy’?
- Science backed nutritional guidance & support
- Foods that harm & foods that heal
- Stress, how to recognise it and skills to manage it
- A mindfulness meditation practice
- Why movement is so important
- What it means to have a strong & mobile body
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Includes unlimited yoga membership, Three Workshops & Support
You do not have to practice Yoga every day, we encourage 4 classes per week but with an unlimited membership you’re welcome to unroll your mat every day!
- Education on nutrition
- No fads, quick diets or cleanses – we promise.
- You will learn the basics to making healthy choices when it comes to food for the rest of your life. We’ll explore the importance of your digestive system & what is stopping you from losing excess weight or maintaining your ideal weight.
- Education on managing stress
- Identifying the three forms of stress (Physical, emotional & biochemical)
- The detrimental impact stress causes to our body
- Learn simple ways to destress, be present & enjoy life
- We know it’s not easy to make changes so we’re here for you. We create a community chat group where everyone will have a voice. Whenever you need us, with however many questions you have. We got you!
WHEN DO WE MEET?
Sunday workshops | 1.30pm – 4pm
- October 15 – Nutrition (Hawthorn)
- October 22 – Mindfulness (Ashburton)
- October 29 – Movement (Correct yoga alignment & functional movement) (Hawthorn)
- November 5 – Catch up (Hawthorn)
We’ve collected some amazing references & resources over the last few years & we’d love to share them with you. Being healthy should be easy & accessible.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE?
The internet is an amazing place to learn but if you’ve ever Googled ‘what’s the healthiest diet’ ‘ways to de-stress’ or ‘how to be happy’. Chances are you’ve found yourself sifting through pages & pages of information all contradicting one another. Kozen Flow will help to clear the clutter.
I have taken part in the Challenge each year since joining Kozen 3 years ago, and I’ve benefited more and more from each one. I use it as a reboot to a better balance in my life, and as a result I sleep better, handle my work pressures with greater ease, and find that I’m a much calmer, generous and more sincere person to be around. This year however, Zach’s nutritional workshop changed my life. Food finally makes sense to me, and how it affects me physically. For the first time in my life I am eating my fill of the most delicious food and maintaining a weight that I once would only manage through constant yo-yo dieting. There’s certainly truth to the term ‘inner glow’. Nikki
All three workshops are available to attend individually: