You wouldn’t even need to tell the little ones they’re healthy.
Most people don’t have a clue what to do with gelatin & associate it with store bought jelly, which is full of artificial nasties & bucket loads of sugar.
But, including a little bit of gelatin sourced from grass feed beef contains essential amino acids helps you digest by balancing out your amino acid profile and heal the gut lining. As an added bonus it also helps to build bones and repair joints by supplying the body with the building blocks needed for growth and maintenance. Best of all the amino acids glycine and proline are anti-inflammatory, so important, especially this time of year when hay-fever (an inflammatory response) is at its worst.
Did you know gelatin can improve your:
- skin & bones
- hormone imbalances
- metabolism & digestion
- teeth, hair, nails
- gut lining
- weight loss
The essential bits
- 3 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream + 1/3 can water
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 drop pure peppermint oil
- 1-3 tsp honey depending on sweetness
Bring it all together
- Bloom the gelatin by combining gelatin powder in a bowl with cold water
- Heat coconut cream + 1/3 can of water in a pot & add cacao powder, honey & peppermint oil
- Turn off heat & add the bloomed gelatine mix which will be firm
- Blend together & pour into silicone moulds
- Refrigerate until set for 30 minutes
- Pop out of moulds & store in the fridge where you’ll try not to eat them all
The important bits
*if you don’t have silicone moulds you can use any container & cut it out later.
*The quality of gelatin you buy is so important. Use gelatin from the best grass fed animals to avoid pesticides, hormones & heavy metal contamination.
We use Great Lakes Gelatin Powder which we buy from Cannings (the best) Butchers.