World Kindness Day | February 17
Kindness is something I’m so curious about because it wasn’t until my practice of Yoga & self exploration that I realised how unkind I was to myself. The old saying ‘you can’t love others until you love yourself’ rings true.
I remember I was once telling my best friend how awful I was & terrible at everything. She stopped me & said ‘Excuse me, you’re talking about my best friend & I don’t appreciate it’.
Remember, you are someone’s best friend so please be kind to yourself.
Here are ten of my favourite kindness quotes to inspire your own practice of kindness. -Jeanie
- Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude -Confucius
- We rise by lifting others -Robert Ingersoll
- Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people -Karen Salmansohn
- Kindness is contagious
- It’s easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle & kind –Steven Morrissey
- No act of kindness is ever wasted -Aesop
- Everyone you meet Is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind -Wendy Mass
- Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind
- You can always give something , even if it is only kindness -Anne Frank
- Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see -Mark Twain